Holland on Sea Baptist Church - Church Hall
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The church hall is managed and maintained by the diaconate of Holland on Sea Baptist Church. Contact details for the appropriate Deacons, who may need to be contacted, will be distributed to the hirer at the time of booking.
The hirer, either as an individual or a named contact and representative or a group, is ultimately responsible that the terms and conditions are followed. If the terms and conditions of use are breached the diaconate reserves the right to terminate the hire of the hall with immediate effect.
- Hire of the Church hall includes the use of the hall and the adjoining kitchen, small hall, Room 2; access through the lobby area and the use of the toilets. The car park adjacent to the hall may also be used but vehicles are left in the car park at the owner's risk
- The hirer is responsible for any accidents, injuries or death and also for any damage to the church premises (interior or exterior) caused either by them or any person attending the function for which the hire is made. The diaconate would expect the hirer to arrange independent insurance and may request to see proof of such insurance cover. (It is expected that regular users have Public Liability Insurance with a minimum limit of indemnity of £2,000,000).
- The hall should be found clean and tidy at the beginning of each hire session. If it is not so, please inform the ministry deacon.
- The hirer should ensure that the floor is swept and that the kitchen, tables, trolleys and toilets are in a clean condition and that the hall is tidy. In short, please leave the hall as you would expect to find it.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to take all their rubbish away with them.
- The kitchen and equipment, including cutlery and crockery, may be used for the providing of lightr refreshments. Anything used must be washed and put away. It is the responsibility of the hirer to provide tea towels and dish clothes. Food must not be prepared in the kitchen or the usage of the dishwasher without the written permission of the diaconate.
- Hirer's should not affix anything to the walls of the hall. If regular users wish to display a poster or notice on one of the notice boards permission must be sought from either the diaconate or the minister.
- The church hall is not licensed therefore alcohol cannot be sold on the premises nor may alcohol be consumed on the premises. Also due to licensing laws the hall cannot be used for the projection of commercial films or DVD presentations. The church can permit the usage of its audio system upon the permission of the diaconate.
- The hirer shall ensure that there is no rowdy or unseemly behaviour by any person attending the function for which the hire has been made.
- Any breakages shall either be replaced or the church reimbursed, likewise the hirer will be liable for any damage to the church premises.
- The main hall is hired on an hourly rate of £15 per hour. Payment will be invoiced by the church treasurer.